Se Habla Español
2 DUI Defense
DUI charges have a mix of criminal and civil consequences. Not only are you facing possible jail time, but also the loss of your driving privileges. It's important to seek the advice of experienced attorneys who will advise you throughout this difficult process. Every DUI, DWI, DWAI and impaired driving case must be fully evaluated.
DUI convictions can lead to thousands of dollars in court costs, fines, license suspension, unaffordable insurance rate hikes, and possible jail time. Even those who avoid the most serious consequences may face a stigma that can cost them their job or make it harder to find future employment especially if a job requires a clean driving record. We have represented defendants charged with everything from Driving Under the Influence (DUI) to DUI Homicide.
If a crash was caused due to alleged DUI, reckless driving, or other traffic law violations and another driver, a passenger in any vehicle, or a pedestrian is killed, the prosecution may attempt to upgrade the charges to vehicular homicide with a significant prison term.
Possible License Suspension
If you have been arrested for a DUI offense, you may face loss of your driving privileges. You can be suspended for having a recorded BAC of .08 or above. This means that you could be suspended administratively prior to any criminal trial. If you wish to contest the suspension of your license you have to ask for a contested case hearing within 20 days of your arrest. A contested case hearing in regards to your driving privileges will occur before the Office of Administrative Hearings. You will be required to follow all the procedural requirements that an attorney would have to follow. Hiring counsel is the best option to represent your interests at the hearing, as we are well-versed in the administrative procedure that is required. If you do not contest the suspension of your license, you will lose your driving privileges for the time period prescribed by statute.
FIRST OFFENSE (within previous 10 years)
- Length of suspension – 90 days. If you served or are serving a suspension for Administrative Per Se, the suspension period will be the same.
- Eligible for probationary driver license – If you have not had one in the past five years and the BAC is less than .15 percent.
- Ignition interlock requirement – If BAC was .15 percent or greater, ignition interlock restricted license required for six months. Requirement begins 30 days after notification.
***** CDL disqualification – One year. *****
Reinstatement requirements – Completion of all withdrawal actions on record, SR-22 insurance, and payment of reinstatement fee.
SECOND OFFENSE (within previous 10 years)
- Eligible for probationary driver license – If you have not had one in the past five years.
- Length of suspension – One year. If you served or are serving a suspension for Administrative Per Se, an additional nine-month suspension will be added to your record.
- Eligible for probationary driver license – No, according to Wyoming law, limited driving privileges cannot be issued for any DWUI after the first offense.
- Ignition interlock requirement – One year. Requirement begins 30 days after notification or start of suspension.
*** CDL disqualification – Lifetime; if no hazmat involved, may apply for investigation after 10 years to see if eligible to have lifetime disqualification ended. ***
Reinstatement requirements – Completion of all withdrawal actions on record, SR-22, and payment of reinstatement fee.
THIRD OR SUBSEQUENT OFFENSE (within previous 10 years)
- Length of revocation – Three years.
- Eligible for probationary driver license – No.
- Ignition interlock requirement – Two years for third offense or lifetime if fourth or subsequent. If wanting to drive during entire three-year revocation, must keep ignition interlock license and device three years and until investigation completed.
Petitions to Remove the lifetime requirements for Interlock.
If you have a lifetime requirement, we may appeal to the court after five years to see if you are eligible to have it removed. Contact our office if you think you are eligible.
21+ Years of Combined Practice
Request a Price Quote
Every case is different. Until we know the basic facts of your case, we cannot quote you a price. Call us today to schedule a short over the phone consultation. We will be able to determine the cost of the representation. In all cases, we strive to quote you a fair price for the representation.